The University of North Alabama (UNA) is a public university located in Florence, Alabama. It is a member of the Alabama Commission on Higher Education and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. UNA is also home to the UNA College of Education, which is one of the largest and most respected teacher education programs in the state.
UNA is committed to providing affordable education to all students, including international students. The university offers a variety of scholarships to international students, including:
- Global Partner Undergraduate Recruitment Scholarship: This scholarship awards $8,000-$10,000 for the first year (two semesters) of studies. Applicants must be from a country that has a partnership agreement with UNA.
- International Scholarship for Undergraduate Retention: This scholarship awards up to $5,000 per semester ($10,000 per year) based on UNA GPA. It is available to any student who previously received a recruitment scholarship. It is renewable for the duration of the degree program.
- Global Learning Community Housing Scholarship: This scholarship is tied to participation in the Global Learning Community (GLC). The GLC is a program that provides international students with opportunities to live and learn with other international students from around the world. The scholarship value is applied to your choice of available UNA housing.
- Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to academically outstanding international students. The scholarship value varies depending on the student’s academic achievements.
- Leadership Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who have demonstrated leadership skills in their home country or community. The scholarship value varies depending on the student’s leadership experience.
- Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who graduated as valedictorian or salutatorian of their high school class. The scholarship value is $2,000 per year.
In addition to these scholarships, UNA also offers a variety of other financial aid opportunities to international students. These opportunities include grants, work-study programs, and loans.
To be considered for a scholarship at UNA, international students must submit the following:
- An application for admission to UNA
- Official transcripts from all previous schools attended
- Test scores from the SAT or ACT
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Applications for scholarships are due in March of each year. For more information about scholarships for international students at UNA, please visit the university’s website.
Here are some additional tips for international students who are applying for scholarships at UNA:
- Start your research early. The application process for scholarships can be competitive, so it is important to start your research early and gather all of the required documents.
- Highlight your academic achievements. Scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence. Be sure to highlight your academic achievements in your application materials.
- Demonstrate leadership skills. Scholarships are also awarded to students who have demonstrated leadership skills. Be sure to highlight your leadership experience in your application materials.
- Write a strong personal statement. The personal statement is your chance to tell the scholarship committee why you are a good fit for UNA and why you deserve the scholarship. Be sure to write a strong personal statement that highlights your unique qualities and accomplishments.
- Get letters of recommendation from strong referees. Letters of recommendation can be very helpful in your scholarship application. Be sure to ask for letters of recommendation from professors, coaches, or other mentors who can speak to your academic achievements and leadership skills.
I hope this information is helpful!